Phrases to use when children are having a conflict...
"May I play with you?"
"That's mine, put it back in my hand"
"Can I have that after you're done?"
"Will you call me next?"
"Will you watch my _________ while I ________________?"
I'm playing with __________ now, I will play with you later."
"When can I have that?"
"How can I help?"
"Did you like it? Then you will want to go and tell _____________ I don't like it when __________. " (Sometimes you may also want to add…) "I will be glad to go with you while you talk to them."
"Is that helpful or hurtful?" OR "Are you telling me that to be helpful or hurtful?"
"That's what you think, I disagree"
Phrases, which build a sense of community / school family…
"We did it!"
"That belongs to your school family. We can all play here."
"We can all help. What can I do first?"
"If you want to know how to _____________ you can ask ___________. He's an expert."
"If you need help opening your applesauce ask Johnny. He is an expert at opening these containers."
"I noticed _______________________________."
Phrases we use to encourage children's attention and focus…
"If you want to know what a listening body looks like you can look at _____________________."
My focus is on _______________________ it's his turn to talk."
Your face is looking like this. Yours eyes are looking like this.
Your body is looking like this. Now you look like this. Now you are looking at me. I am so glad to see you.
Phrases we use to ensure the safety of children / the environment…
"Use your walking feet."
"Do you want to do it by yourself, or with help?"
"Do you want to do it now or in _______ minutes?"
"Do you want to put your shoes on first or go to the bathroom?"
"Do you want a story first or a backrub?"
"Make your voice sound like mine."
"I will keep you safe."
"I will keep our toys safe."
"Stop your body."
"Take a deep breath and tell me about it when you're ready."
"You will want to get under control. Calm your body."
"Ouch!!! ___________ hurts. If you want to ________ you can _________________."
"Ouch!!! Hitting hurts. If you want a turn to play you can say I want a turn, when can I play."
"Look at ________ face. He is feeling ______________."
(Usually, but not always followed with…) "You will want to ask, how can I help?"
Brian on Facebook
RSS
Sign-in/Edit
No comments:
Post a Comment