Monday, July 13, 2009

What I love about my dogs...

So the movie Marley & Me really got me thinking about my dogs! They are so frustrating at times, but I love them so much! They were the first ones I told when I was pregnant the first time and the ones I cried to when I lost the baby. They've always been there to listen to me cry and I love them for it Truly, the only non-judgmental and loving creatures on earth. I'm tearing up right now!!!

My dogs are Riley Mo (female) and Rubin Maguire (although DH says his name is Rubin Carter ). They are both golden retrievers. Riley is 10 and Rubin is 7. They adore our children and let the boys do whatever they want to them! So sweet

The adventures of Riley & Rubin:

Riley is VERY scared of storms. She shakes and follows us around. She also tears thins up. Once she chewed through a seatbelt in our car when we left her in the garage. She tore out the cat door in our basement door. She eats diapers (new or old ) and eats anything you leave out! Once she ate a whole box of Fannie May chocolates that a client gave me for Christmas. She even ate a cloth bone and got very sick and went on to eat the strap of DH's birkenstock! Riley has a "pacifier" in the form of a ball that she sleeps with in her mouth. Sometimes she lays on her back and holds it up in the air She can catch a ball and a frisbee with the best of 'em. Popcorn is her favorite, though Definitely our oldest, over-achiever!

Rubin is our very laid back dog. He could care less about storms. He is scared to death of the scale at the vet's though He can't catch anything that you throw at him! Literally, he either runs from it or lets it hit him between the eyes He is much bigger at 100 lbs. and looks like a horse when he runs (or gallops ). Sometimes he growls when we do something he doesn't like or the boys climb on him, but it's just a warning and he wouldn't ever hurt anyone.

Both of our dogs are people lovers, but they are very protective of our house. Once during a storm part of our fence blew away and they were free to roam the neighborhood. They apparently scared the crap out of a neighbor when they were staring at her through her basement window They are both very good listeners and won't run away. They know how to open our screen door (if only they would learn to close it) and Riley can even open our sliding glass door when it's locked during a storm Crazy dogs! I love them both

No comments:

Post a Comment