Well, I didn't write about my 2007 garden, not because I didn't have one just cause I didn't get around to it. I really should not be writing this right now either, but I am. In my first couple of years of having a garden, I tried to not use hardly any chemical to control unwanted herbs or pests. Well, I have had it bring on the seven, I'm done with those pesky pest, they ruined every piece of corn that I actually had grown (cause the year prior, not much of any corn) I was excited about being able to eat my own corn until I saw the extra protein.
So without any further ado,
Sweet Corn, bro-in-law hooked me up with some liquid nitrogen; the corn is blowen out of the ground.
Peppers:
8 – Jalapeños
4 – Green peppers
4 –chili peppers
4 – Thai peppers
1 – Banana pepper
1 – Roma Tomato
4 – Cucumber
Herbs:
Garlic chives and cloves
Cilantro
Lavender
Spearmint
6/18/2008:
Thanks lord for all of the rain this year so far, haven't had to water the garden yet :-) (besides initial planting of course). The only complaint is a lot of extra unwanted plants better know as WEEDS, OMG tons this year.
Status report:
Corn doing very well(~16" tall) so much for knee high by the 4th of July. Also, I noticed a little leaf damage possibly corn boars.
The cilantro has really taken off, don't know for sure how much to cut back.
The cucumber are starting to vine up and out, I was worried earlier, the stems looked broken but have recovered nicely.
Garlic hasn't grown at all might be too close to fence. Same is true of the lavender.
The banana pepper is the over achiever the in pepper department, all other peppers look ok, but have not grown much.
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Brian on Facebook
RSS
Sign-in/Edit
No comments:
Post a Comment