Garrett Theodore
April 17, 2008
The overview: Starting on Wednesday around 4pm her contraction became difficult to get through. Arrived at the hospital at 9 pm, still only 4 cm dilated. Doc brook water around 10:30, contractions become unbearable. Next came the epidural, first dose worked to relive contraction, but cervix pain was terrible, so she got even more epidural, which numbed worked too well. After epidural, babies heart rate would drop to <90 (normally around 145 and not during a contraction), in other words she was freaking out about this. By this time it is 1 am, cervix is still only 4 cm, either patossin or section, she choose section. After the section, doc told Kristin that her uterious was really thin on the bottom. Who knows what would have happened if she actually dilated fully and stated to pushing. Kristin is doing very well, all things considered. Her recovery is going well for instance w/i 12 hours, she was able to eat real food and she's been able to get in and out of bed many times, though a little struggle. Garrett is taking very well to nursing. She is hoping to be released on Saturday and the wireless / internet access at the hospital is really slow. . . or in other words non-existent.
Brian on Facebook
RSS
Sign-in/Edit
Congratulations, you two. Hope you have plenty of time off to enjoy him.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cutie!! Congratulations you guys. I can't wait to meet him.
ReplyDeleteBonnie
Congratulations guys! I'm so happy for you! He's so cute! I'm glad everyone is healthy and fine!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to little Gav too he's a big brother now!:)
Love,
~Jamie
I'm so happy for you all. I'm glad that everyone is doing well. Congratulations on the new addition to the family.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations you guys. I can't wait to meet Garrett and I really need to see Gavin before he is a teenager. Enjoy your time off and have some fun with your family.
ReplyDelete